There are many ways you can donate your time without becoming a Therapy Team.
Volunteer as a Visit Assistant, help out around the office, or lend a hand during our many events!
Visit Assistant & Ambassador
Help Therapy Teams!
A Visit Assistant and Ambassador is a great role if you do not have an animal suited for therapy work.
As a Visit Assistant you go to sites with Therapy Teams (handlers and their animals) and help make the visits more efficient and effective. This includes greeting patients, opening doors, handing out the animal’s business cards and more, allowing the handler to keep all focus on the animal. Serving as an Ambassador, you represent Hand in Paw at community events and health fairs to let the community know about the work of our organization.
- Understand and believe in the mission of Hand in Paw
- Provide a positive, warm experience for those we visit
- Maintain up to date training, registration and paperwork
- Volunteer on a minimum of two one-hour visits per month
- Let your Team Leader know when you cannot attend a scheduled visit
- Uphold all Hand in Paw policies, including confidentiality
- Serve as an ambassador to speak about Hand in Paw as needed in an informed, helpful way to those interested from the community when on visits or at HIP Events
Lend a paw... I mean hand!
Don’t want to assist therapy teams? That’s cool!
Becoming a general volunteer is an easy way to donate your time and energy to a great cause without going on therapy visits. Hand in Paw is in constant need of extra hands around the office and at events!