1Expectations & Qualifications 2Volunteer Roadmap 3Therapy Team Application
Becoming a Hand in Paw Therapy Team doesn't happen overnight.
But we promise you'll be so glad you took the time to get registered.
Scroll down to check out the full process or download a printable roadmap!
Complete Volunteer Application
•Complete the Handler Application.
• Attend Community Open House Info Session: RSVP
• Submit Rabies Certificate and Group Obedience Course Certificate to Volunteer Coordinator Stacey Roudebush.
Schedule interview/ pet screening with Hand in Paw
Please bring the following forms to the interview/evaluation:
• Completed Handler's Questionnaire
• Towel or blanket for small dogs or cat (10-15 pounds is considered small)
• Collar and leash must be leather or fabric, no prong collars or retractable/metal leashes
Complete one Shadow Visit (without your pet)
Observe Hand in Paw Therapy Team in action.
Complete Therapy Team Workshop Sessions
• Workshop sessions are held once a week for 4 weeks
• Each session is less than 2 hours
• $25 fee is due at the first workshop to cover the cost of workshop materials
Complete Practice Evaluation
This is your opportunity to practice for the final evaluation.
Complete Final Evaluation
• $75 registration fee due when evaluation is complete
• Registration fee includes cost of liability insurance, lifetime membership fee for *ITA, visit backpack, and Hand in Paw gold polo shirt
Attend New Team Orientation
You and your pet attend a 1 hour new team orientation at HIP to review important procedures to begin your Therapy Team visits
For questions about the volunteer process, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Stacey Roudebush.
*ITA- Hand in Paw is an affiliate of Intermountain Therapy Animals. Intermountain Therapy Animals sets the standard for force- free training, positive reinforcement and relationship- building in the training, handling and the care of animals.